I figured, since I have a few down moments at work, I'll let you all in on why I've not had many updates lately.
Life has suddenly hit me all at once so here are the things keeping me away:
- First and foremost, my laptop got sick. All my programs were acting like they were gone and it wouldn't connect to the internet. My brother tried to explain what was wrong with it to me and at the time I thought I understood, but as I am trying to explain it here, I've realized that I no longer remember what he told me. So being the lovely brother and the genius that he is, he's fixing it for me. Basically we saved all the important stuff on my external hard drive and wiped the laptop's hard drive clean. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next day or two.
- I'm trying to soak up the last of my favorite season. I love the warmth and sunlight and I want to take advantage of every last bit of it before the cold and snow take it's place. This means trying to get out and about as often as possible.
- Work. You probably don't need to know much more than that, but I've been given a lot more responsibilities at work and hardly even have time to break for lunch, let alone any random down time.
- Coaching cheer. The school year is well underway by now and cheer is taking up a lot of my time. We're having a fall tryout to add number to the squad and that has been taking up time. Getting these girls up to speed will take more time. Not to mention Wendy and I have to choreograph a homecoming routine as well as a competition routine. It all takes time.
- DIY/hobbies. I've been picking up on some new hobbies lately, some of which you've seen the fruits of on here. I've been sewing and altering a lot lately. After seeing the plaid skirt I made for myself, my sister requested that I make her one. So I did. It turned out so much better than the one that I did for me. I definitely want to be creating garments more often to further my knowledge and ability. I've also been dabbling in jewelry making. I don't have anything to show yet, but once I do, I'll share it.
Also, right now with my limited time, the quickest way for me to get to your blog is to comment. Commenters are always the first people I visit when I'm blog stalking.
Hope you all are well!