The first time I saw this Rebecca Minkoff sunset-inspired skirt, I knew I would have to translate it to my nails. It took a couple of attempts for me to figure out what technique I wanted to use. I eventually ended up with a combo of painting and sponge application.
The PolishAlso also had many nail polish color options to choose from. After perusing my collection of corals, pale pinks, bright purples and blue, I finally narrowed it down. The colors used are as follows:
- Coral - Butter London in Trout Pout
- Pink - OPI in Lazy Daisy Pink
- Purple - Urban Outfitters
- Blue - Essie in Mesmerize
This is definitely one of the messier manicures that I've attempted, but I sort of love how it turned out, so... worth it!
A Few Tips
- I recommend either taping off your cuticles or coating them in vaseline, like I did. This will make clean up a little easier.
- Layer on the thin coats to build up color.
- Use the corner of the sponge to get into the crease between your nail and your skin.
- After dipping the sponge in the polish, tap on the wax paper a few times before apply to your nails.
- A nail art tool and a bit of polish remover will allow you to clean up with our messing up your design.