It's confession time. I'm addicted to Poshmark. If you've been following my blog for a while now, that's probably a fairly obvious statement considering how many of my awesome finds have come from Poshmark. During the time I've been on Poshmark as a user, I've come up with a plethora of reasons to love this app and I figured it was high time to share a few of 'em with you.
- My closet is too full. Silly as it may be, I tend to have an emotional tie to a lot of the things I've acquired over the years. Poshmark has helped to ease the pain that comes with saying goodbye to pieces that have done me well, but I just don't wear anymore. Not only do you get a little monetary compensation, but I get to send my beloved pieces to someone who will show it the love that it deserves. Spreading the love always wins.
- Making a little cash from the pieces in my closet that I no longer wear helps to expand my shopping budget. I don't have to feel guilty when I splurge on a handbag or a new pair of shoes. I can shop for free. Well, kinda. As long as I only shop with the money I make on Poshmark, it feels like I'm getting new things without paying for them
- Occasionally I'll think on an item for too long and miss my chance to buy it. Poshmark has given me a second chance on pieces that are no longer available from their original retailers.
- Obviously the killer deals are a MAJOR appeal to me. I was able to purchase a Rebecca Minkoff Covet bag, DVF Opal wedges, a Bodhi Safety bag and more, all in new or nearly new condition, for a fraction of the price. Who doesn't love a good deal? Take a look at this small selection of amazing pieces I scored on Poshmark.
- As a personal style blogger, I tend to shop a lot. Aw, who am I kidding; I just shop too much because I like it. But whatever the reason, Poshmark has helped me to keep up with the rotation of my "one in, one out" closet goal. Each time I buy something, I have to sell or donate one thing and Poshmark is just the place!
- The Poshmark community. I have met some seriously amazing people on Poshmark who will forever inspire me.
- Poshmark allows me to get that natural high of having a package delivered to my door on a regular basis, again, with no guilt!
- I've been able to sell a handful of my handmade goods, which is something I never really dreamed I'd have the opportunity to do. It's been incredibly cool to see my creations make their way across the country and get styled by a variety of fashionable women.
- The variety is like no other shop. I can find rare and/or unique pieces that most people probably don't have so my closet as a whole is different from anyone else. Gotta love being true to your own personal style, right?
- Let's face it, keeping clothing and accessories that are still in perfectly wearable condition out of the landfill feels pretty darn good.
Hope to see you there!