For whatever reason, when it comes to holiday manicures, I tend to not like the typical red and green designs on me. They're wonderful on others and I love to look at them, but I prefer something a little a-typical. If you're like me, you can try this subtly glamorous nude and gold design. Read on to see how I did it.
To achieve this look, I started with a dove grey nail polish from Square Hue called 'Lincoln Road' on all ten fingers. From left to right, this is what I did next:
- For the design of the thumb nail, I used a thin striping brush and Orly's 'Luxe' to paint a random snowflake pattern.
- The index finger gets one gold rectangular stud at the base of the nail.
- On the middle fingers, I carefully painted three diagonal lines with a striping brush and Orly's 'Luxe.' Once dry, I added a bit of gold glitter from my bottle of Julep's 'Oscar.'
- With a bit of striping tape, I placed two lines to create a tree shape. Inside of the gold outline, I randomly places small round gold studs to look like ornaments.
- The pinky nail mirrors the index with just one gold rectangle stud.
I sealed up the whole design with Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat using two coats on the studded nails to ensure the longevity of the design.
How about you? Do you prefer traditional holiday-colored manicures or something just a little different?